Thursday 5 November 2009

I'm now stomachless

Well i had the op on Monday morning and i reckon i'm in good enough shape now to battle with my phone in trying to update my blog. To be honest i've felt good the whole time, the waiting around on Sunday was the hardest part, boredem and being surrounded by very ill people does nothing for pre-op nerves! Uncle Paul and I were the sole focus of the surgeon Mr Whyman and his team the whole day and both ops went well without complication (other than my epidural not working but was soon fixed). After a short spell in the HDU we returned to the ward piped up to several machines for drips and monitoring 'stuff'. Pain is controlled by epidural which is doing the trick although we are being weened off it slowly. We are now 3 full days on and hopefully we will start reducing the number of tubes soon and start introducing some soft foods (we're starving!) A big thank you to all you amazing people that got in touch with words of encouragment and best wishes, you really did give me the boost i needed to drag myself to the hospital last Sunday. I'll provide better updates when i have my laptop and a real keyboard rather than a miniture Nokia one!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you on successful surgery! Always interesting to follow along...different surgeons, different countries, no two are ever alike.

    Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to following along with you.

    Kia Kaha Lee!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete